OPENING TIME:                   MON. TO FRI.  9.00AM TO 5.30PM      SAT : 9.00 AM TO 4.30PM   
                CLEAR  VISION OPTICIANS  (SCOTLAND ) LTD               
 ( FOR PROFESSINAL OPTICIAL SERVICE AT THE LOWEST  PRICE GUARANTEED !!!)
  25 HIGH STREET , CARLUKE ML8 4AL
01555 772448 OR 01555 772648
full contact lens service

     CLEAR VISION O PTICIANS 

F

VISUAL STRESS IN CHILDREN AND ADULTS

 VISUAL STRESS IS DESCRIBED AS THE DIFFICULTY IN READING . AFTER ALL OTHER FACTORS HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED 

( SUCH AS HEARING AND OPTOMETRIC TEST). 55% OF THE VISUAL STRESS CAN BE DUE TO DYSLEXIA AND REMAINING 45% DUE TO WHAT IS KNOW AS MEARSE IRLEN SYNDROME OR MI SYNDROME.


DYSLEXIA

  • Slowness in learning to read, write and spell
  • needing to read something several times before it is understood
  • Continuing to make the same errors in reading, for example saying ‘was’ for ‘saw’ or ‘bad’ for ‘dad’
  • Difficulties working out sums ‘in the head’,
  • confusing or forgetting telephone numbers,
  • Appearing forgetful or disorganised
  • Difficulty in remembering lists of things, or recalling a name or fact quickly.

MI SYNDROME

  • Skip words or lines when reading

  • reread lines
  • lose place on page easily
  • need to takes rest more often
  • harder to read the longer passages
  • get headaches when reading
  • Tired when reading
  • prefer to read in dim light
  • hold the page close to read
  • using a marker to read
Certain colour print easier to read